What is the Best Way to Clean my Dentures?
- We recommend using mild soap and warm water to gently yet effectively clean the denture.
- To avoid the need for accidental denture repairs, always clean your dental appliances over a bowl of water or a folded towel in case you drop them.
- Ensure to rinse your false teeth thoroughly before soaking to help remove any food debris. Using an effervescent (fizzy) denture cleaner will help remove stubborn stains and leave your denture feeling fresher. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you need to brush your dentures, be careful not scrub too hard as this may cause grooves in the surface thereby allowing stains or plaque to build up. Make sure you clean all the surfaces of the dental plate, including the surface which touches your gums. This is especially important if you use any kind of adhesive.
- Do NOT clean your false teeth with tooth paste.